For all the carrot lovers, awesome carrot cake is fluffy and dense at a time. The taste is extremely tasty and even carrot haters will start loving carrot cake recipe. It is a perfect addition to your Easter feast recipe and if you have missed out this cake in this festive season, you have missed out something very important. The texture of the cake is very soft and fluffy and you feel the delicious taste of carrot melting in your mouth.
Ingredients: Awesome Carrot Cake Recipe
- Eggs – 4
- Granulated sugar – 2 cups
- Vegetable oil – ¾ cup
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoon
- Applesauce – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon – 2 teaspoon
- Ground ginger – ¼ teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Finely grated carrots – 3 cups
- Pecans or walnuts (chopped) – 2/3 cups
- Cream cheese frosting (recipe follows)
Ingredients for cream cheese frosting
- Cream cheese (softened) – 1 packet
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- Salted butter (softened) – ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – 4 cups
Making Direction: Awesome Carrot Cake
- Preheat oven to 350o.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg and whisk well.
- In another mixing bowl, add vegetable oil, eggs, applesauce, vanilla and granulated sugar and mix well with an electric mixer. Slowly add in dry ingredients and stir until they are mixed completely. Add and stir grated carrots.
- Arrange 2, 9 inch round cake pans placing aluminum foil leaving to overhang on two sides. Grease and dust the foil.
- Pour the mixture evenly in two cake pans and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until the tooth pin comes out clear from the center. Allow the cakes to cool down completely. After the cakes have cooled down, cut ¼ inch off the tops. Place the cake upside down when frosting with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans.
Cream cheese frosting
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla extract and butter with an electric mixer until it becomes fluffy. Stir in powdered sugar until well mixed.