Piccata is an Italian word, the meaning of the word piccata is “larded.” Or ‘enrich with fat.” Apart from the taste and beautiful look of chicken piccata recipe another thing that made it a worthwhile is the flavor. For that reason, you will be able to trigger mouth-watering sensation in the brain of all members of your family when you start to prepare this meal. So, learn more about the awesome chicken piccata recipe ingredients and direction for preparation through awesome cooking site. This recipe is adapted by closet cooking.
The Ingredients: Awesome Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 2 big lemons
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, already trimmed and pounded till ¼” thick
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- ½ cup of flour
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small minced shallot
- 1 cup of chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 tbsp of drained capers
- 3 tbsp of softened and unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp of minced fresh parsley
Direction for Preparation: Awesome Chicken Piccata Recipe
- Cut 1 lemon Lengthwise. Trim ends of one half and cut into 1/8 inch thick slices; put aside. Squeeze out juice from the remaining lemon to get about ¼ cup of lemon juice and keep aside.
- Use pepper and salt to generously season both sides of your chicken breasts. Inside shallow pan or dish, place some flour. Coat each of the chicken breasts with flour and shake it to get rid of excess flour.
- Inside big heavy bottomed skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat for 2 minutes or continue till hot. Simmer half of the batch inside the skillet without removing it for about 2 ½ or till brown. Turn to the other side and repeat same but now for about 2 to 2 ½ minutes more. Put into plate and cover it with aluminum foil or simply keep it warm inside oven. Now put the 2 tbsp of oil that remains in skillet and heat till shimmering. Repeat same with the reaming chicken pieces. Transfer the formal batch and keep them warm in a 2000
- With the same pan you used to cook the chicken, sauté your shallot in oil as well as the brown bit that remains in the pan. Put in chicken broth as well as lemon slices when the shallot turns translucent, let it cook till the lemon slices are completely softened.
- Put in the lemon juice and capers, allow it to reduce and concentrate flavors. Bring the pan out of the heat and stir in butter till thaws and turns into thick sauce. Now put in parsley, spoon your awesome chicken piccata over and serve right away with pasta.