These delicious and good looking Chocolate-Nut Rugelach cookies with walnut filling are a great homemade goodies and a great gift to children.
Ingredients: Chocolate-Nut Rugelach Recipe
• ½ cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
• ¼ cup of light brown sugar packed
• ½ tsp of kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
• 2 ½ cup or 1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter chilled and cut into pieces
• 2 large of egg yolks
• 1/3 cup of sour cream
• 1 tsp vanilla extra
• 1 13.oz divided jar Nutella
• 1 ½ cups of pistachios, finely chopped, pecans, and or divided walnuts
• 2 tsp of flaky sea salt, divided and more
• 1 large of beaten and whisk egg.
Preparation Method: Chocolate-Nut Rugelach Recipe
1. Pulse cocoa, kosher salt, brown sugar, 2 ½ cups of flour and baking powder into food processor to blend. Put in butter and pulse till largest pieces are pea-size
2. Whisk egg yolks, Vanilla extract, and sour cream inside small bowl till smooth. Using minor motor running, steam sour cream mixture into food processor and continue to process until the dough form ball around blade. Transfer the dough on the surface and knead many times till smooth and completely blended. Divide part of the dough to form ¾-inch thick disk. Wrap in a plastic and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
3. Put in racks in both upper and lower 3rd of your oven already preheated to 350 degrees. Allow one disk of dough stay for room temperature for 5 minutes or until softened to some extent.
4. Just roll out the dough on a sheet of parchment paper slightly floured, continuously shift inside sheet and dust with added flour as required to avoid being sticky, to a 12-inches square. With the use of small spatula, use half of the Nutella to sprinkle over your dough in a slim layer. Go ahead and spread half of the nuts, 1 tablespoon of demerara sugar as well as ½ teaspoon. Sea salt on top of Nutella. Make a log by rolling up dough, with the use of parchment paper to assist, do it again with the dough that remains nuts, Nutella, 1 Tablespoon of demerara sugar and ½ teaspoon of sea salt.
5. Slice the log to 1-inch thick and put into baking sheet lined with parchment and ensure you space them out maintaining 1 ½ -inch distance from each other. Simply brush the top with the egg and spread lightly using more sea salt. Bake your rugelach till the centers are done and the tops are firm to touch or you can even continue until 25 to 30 minutes’ allow to cool.
You can even make your dough about one month ahead of time. Your Awesome Chocolate-Nut Rugelach Recipe is ready. Enjoy!