Awesome Fried Tofu Recipe (Japanese Style) is highly nutritious dish, cooked with different marinades. A great source of protein for vegetarians! Honey or sugar can be used in Tofu Marinade. 恐ろしい揚げ豆腐
Serves 3 Persons
- Honey – ¼ Cup
- Firm Tofu – 1 Pound
- White Miso Paste – ¼ Cup
- Dark Brown Sugar – ¼ Cup
- Rice Vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Mirin – 2 tablespoons
- Wasabi Paste – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Minced garlic – 4 Cloves
- Ginger Paste – 1 ½ tablespoons
- Vegetable Oil
- Wrap the tofu in paper towel and press it gently. It is pressed just to take out the water, do not try to crumble the tofu. When the moisture is taken out, make 1 ½ inch cubes of tofu.
- Take all the ingredients in a glass bowl and mix them well, except the oil. Dip the cubes of tofu in marinade. Keep it in refrigerator for one to two days. Check and shake the tofu from time to time.
- Take a hot pan and pour vegetable oil. Add the tofu in the pan. Do not make a double layer of cubes. On medium heat, turn around the cubes gently with tongs. Fry all the sides of cubes. Take out the fried pieces on a paper towel.
- It is up to you to serve the fried tofu alone or with salads or sandwiches.