Spinach & Potato Curry Recipe | Aloo Palak Recipe is full of flavor and nutritious recipe. It is one of healthy recipes. Although it is treated as South Asian dish but nowadays it is available and eaten all over the world. It is taken with crispy Parathas, Roti or boiled rice.
Serves 8 people
Ingredients: Awesome Spinach & Potato Curry Recipe | Aloo Palak Recipe
- Green Chili – 1
- Chopped Medium Sized Onion – 1
- Minced Ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Minced Garlic – 2teaspoons
- Ground Cumin – 1teaspoon
- Ground Turmeric – 1teaspoon
- Ground Coriander – 1teaspoon
- Diced Potatoes – 2 Large size
- Fenugreek Leaves – 2tablespoon (optional)
- Chili Powder – 1/2teaspoon
- Chopped Spinach Leaves – 3pounds
- Salt – 1teaspoon
- Oil – 3tablespoon
- Water – 2cups
Cooking Method: Awesome Spinach & Potato Curry | Aloo Palak
- Heat three tablespoons of oil in a pot to sauté the onions.
2. As soon as the onions get light brown color, add ginger and garlic paste. Keep on cooking the mixture till the ingredients give an aroma.
- Now, add the chunks of potatoes and stir well.
- To develop taste, add ground cumin, chili powder, ground coriander and turmeric powder. Mix it well.
- Sauté the potatoes for at least five minutes. Take 2 cups of water to dip the potatoes. Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Check the tenderness of potatoes. If these are properly cooked, add the chopped leaves of spinach and cover the pan.
- Before adding spinach, there should be just a cup of water in the pan as the spinach also release water.
- If you prefer dry spinach curry, let the water to dry before including the spinach.
- Spinach takes a few minutes to get tender. After 8 to 10 minutes, uncover the pan to evaporate the unnecessary water.
- At the end, add fenugreek, green chili and adjust the salt as per requirement.