I learned about this beef recipe, Bavette Steak and Chimichurri Sauce during my stay in France. It was new name to me. After sometime, I saw an ad that a store is offering grass-fed beef. At that time, I was not sure about the taste of this type of beef. I purchased from the store, it was wonderfully delicious due to beef cut. It was called bavette steak.
If you like flank steak and skirt steak, I am sure you love bavette steak. It is also famous as flap steak. Bavette steak is little hard and chewy abut all three cuts are with full of flavor.
Chimmichurri or Chimichurri is a fresh sauce or an uncooked sauce. This sauce is used for grilled meat. It is believed that this sauce recipe is originated from Argentinean cuisine and Uruguayan cuisine. It is made in green version and also the red version.
The Bavette Steak and chimichurri sauce is a combination of Latin American and European foods. It is a classic food combination. It becomes ideal for a hot summer day if you add pickled jalapenos.
Ingredients: Bavette Steak and Chimichurri Sauce
Try Bavette Steak and Chimichurri Sauce at home with the help of following ingredients.
- Bavette steaks 1.5 kg.
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons.
- Green chilies in sliced.
- Virgin olive oil 100 ml.
- Oregano small pack (picked leaves).
- Parsley big pack.
- Banana shallot (sliced).
- Vinegar 2 tablespoons.
- Pickled Jalapenos.
- Lemon zest.
Preparation Method: Bavette Steak and Chimichurri Sauce
- First prepare the chimichurri sauce. Mix all the ingredients except first two in a large bowl or food processor.
- Finely chop them and transfer to a clean bowl when it gives fragrance of chilies.
- Put this bowl in freezer to develop flavor. This can last for several days in refrigerator.
- Bring bavette steaks and barbeque them until it smokes.
- Grind black pepper and mix it with sea salt. Sprinkle it over the steaks.
- Cook these steaks for more until turn brown.
- Take a corn and boil it. Rub cheese on boiled corn.
- Present the delicious Bavette Steak and Chimichurri Sauce with cheesy corn.
Per serving of Bavette Steak and chimichurri sauce offers given food value.
- Fats 53 grams.
- Saturates 12 grams.
- Carbohydrates 1 gram.
- Sugars 1 gram.
- Fiber 3 grams.
- Protein 43 grams.
- Salt 0.6 grams.
- Total kcal 661.
- Make small steaks to cook properly.
- Slight cuts on meat with a sharp knife will help quick cooking.