Bourbon Chicken Recipe | Easy Bourbon Chicken
It is extremely easy to cook the most luscious, crispy, and sweet Bourbon Chicken at home with a few basic kitchen ingredients. Bourbon chicken is basically a Chinese-inspired recipe that you will love to eat on a daily basis. You must try this recipe if you like Chinese dishes with a twist.
The flavor, texture, and taste of this recipe are truly unique. You just need to follow some simple steps to make this dish. You can eat bourbon chicken with green onions and fluffy rice. Are you ready to prepare it? Let’s get started!
Things You Need to Make Bourbon Chicken
- Chicken thighs or breasts, 1 pound
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- Bourbon, 1/3 cup
- Soy sauce, 1/3 cup
- Chicken broth, ½ cup
- Cornstarch, 2 tbsp
- Chopped green onions, 3
- Brown sugar, 1/3 cup
- Ground ginger, ½ tbsp
- Onion powder, ½ tbsp
- Minced garlic cloves, 4
- Red pepper flakes, ¼ tbsp
Chicken: Feel free to use chicken breasts, things, or a combination of both. Make sure that the chicken should be boneless and skinless.
Cornstarch: Cornstarch is the protagonist of this recipe. It is used to thicken the sauce.
Bourbon: Use high-quality bourbon to get the best taste.
Chicken Stock: Try to add chicken stock that contains a low quantity of sodium.
How to Prepare Bourbon Chicken?
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine bourbon, sugar, soy sauce, stock, and other ingredients. Keep it aside.
- Toss the chicken in cornstarch after cutting it into strips.
- Add oil to a pan, fry chicken strips until brown, and set aside.
- Now, add minced garlic to the frying pan and fry. When it becomes fragrant, transfer the sauce to this pan. Boil it for a few minutes.
- Add the fried chicken strips and allow them to simmer until thickened.
- Delicious chicken is ready. Serve hot.
- We have used ¼ tablespoon of red pepper flakes in this recipe. If you want to prepare a spicy version of bourbon chicken, then you can add more red pepper flakes. You can use chili powder as well.
- Fry the chicken strips in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan with chicken strips.
- We recommend using high-quality bourbon.
- Try to add fresh ingredients to this recipe.
- Do not add white sugar if you don’t have brown sugar.
- You can obtain the desired thickness by adding corn flour and brown sugar.
- Be careful while adding soy sauce to this recipe.
Is it possible to cook this recipe in advance?
Yes, you can prepare bourbon chicken in advance. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
What are some non-alcohol substitutions for bourbon?
If you prepare bourbon chicken for little ones, you can replace alcohol-based bourbon with organic apple juice.
Can I serve bourbon chicken with other dishes?
Yes, you can serve this recipe with a lot of dishes. Consider fluffy rice to get the authentic feel of this recipe. You can also serve this recipe with a fresh salad, sautéed broccoli, or noodles.
Can I keep the leftovers in the freezer?
Yes, absolutely! You can freeze this in an airtight container for about 3 to 4 days.
Marinated Chicken Biryani Recipe | Chicken Biryani Recipe