This is Mediterranean inspired recipe with some awesome flavors like coriander and thyme which create sense of harmony. It is also toped perfectly with tzatziki-like sauce that is tangy coupled with crisp cucumber.
Ingredients: Bulgur and Lamb Burgers Recipe
- 1 8-ounce of carton plain yogurt (low-fat)
- 2 teaspoons of snipped fresh dill or even ½ teaspoon of dried dill weed
- 3/4cup of water
- 1/2 cup of bulgur
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons of snipped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of snipped fresh thyme or use ¼ teaspoon of dried, crushed thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 12 ounces of lean ground lamb
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced lengthwise in thin ribbons
- 6 sandwich rolls or wheat hamburger buns
- Slices of tomatoes.
Preparation Method: Bulgur and Lamb Burgers Recipe
Inside small bowl, mix together dill and yogurt. Cover the mixture and refrigerate till ready for serve.
Inside small saucepan, boil water. Put in bulgur and 1/4teaspoon of salt. Bring the heat down. Allow to stand and cover for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix parsley, onion, thyme, coriander, the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Now put in the cooked bulgur and ground lamb and mix properly. Mould the mixture into 6 ½-inch thick patties. Put in shallow baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 – 25 minutes or continue baking till meat is done at 160 degrees.
Put cucumber ribbons in bottom of rolls and put in sauce, burgers and you can also put tomato slices and serve.