Cajun cookery is a cooking style named for those French-speaking people deported from Acadia to Canada by the British to the Acadiana region of the South Louisiana. Now Acadian descent are identified as Cajun.
There are varieties of ways to turn chicken breast into a delicious and attractive meal and one of the ways is through Cajun Chicken & Rice recipe. You will learn more about the ingredients needed for this yummy and delicious meal recipe as well as the direction for the preparation of Cajun Chicken recipe & Rice Recipe.
The Ingredient: Cajun Chicken & Rice Recipe
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 2 cups of water or even chicken broth
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 cups of already diced onions together with bell peppers
- 1 can of Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes as well as green Chiles
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Direction for Preparation:Cajun Chicken & Rice Recipe
- Mix together rice, salt and water inside saucepan. Put on heat and boil, cover and reduce heat to low and cook for about 14 minutes. Bring out from heat and keep aside when done. Ensure you cover it while keeping aside.
- Slice chicken breasts to pieces (bite size) which can be about 1” cubes use Cajun and season generously. Put 1 tbsp of olive oil in large dutch or pot and heat on medium-high heat. When oil is extremely hot put chicken in single layer. Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes or continue till brown. Transfer chicken to plate and put aside.
- Put remaining olive oil to pan and increase the heat to high, when oil is hot, add bell peppers and onions carefully. Put more seasoning then cook while you occasionally stir till vegetables turned browned and become soft.
- Put in the tomatoes to the mixture of bell peppers and onions and put the chicken back into the mixture together with any juice that might have been collected on the plat. Pour in cooked rice and mix together till combined well. If you want you can put cheese and stir completely till combine. Serve Cajun Chicken & Rice and enjoy!