Love to make good family food recipe or simply want to learn how to prepare great potluck dinner recipe? This best recipes site is presenting you with Cheese layered Potatoes Recipe. This potato recipe will be a perfect and tasty side dish for your family or a get to gather. Every member will appreciate the Cheese layered Potatoes Recipe. Please check the recipe ingredients and the method of preparation Cheddar Cheese layered Potatoes Recipe.
The Ingredients: Cheese layered Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds of ¼-inch thick peeled and cut potatoes.
- 3 tbsp of butter.
- ¾ tsp of salt.
- ¼ tsp of black grounded pepper.
- ½ tsp of mustard, dry.
- ¼ tsp of paprika.
- 3 tbsp of flour.
- 1 cup of cream.
- 36/4 cup of milk.
- 2 cups divided (8 oz) Cheddar cheese, shredded sharp
Method of Preparation: Cheese layered Potatoes Recipe
- Pour water inside medium size saucepan, put potatoes and cover, put to heat and boil up to 4 – 5 minutes. You can continue to boil till it is tender. Remove water and keep aside.
- Heat your oven to 370 0, then grease 2 quart of casserole.
- Inside saucepan, heat butter on medium heat, turn in salt, dry mustard, flour, pepper and paprika. Continue to stir till thaw and bubbly. Put in milk and cream and cook, stir continuously till the mixture thickened. Put in your 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese and continue to cook till thawed.
- Mix together potatoes and sauce and transfer to your baking dish. Top it with the cheese that remains. Then bake for about 25 – 35, minutes or continue to bake till adequately brown and sparkling. The Cheese layered Potatoes dish is ready. Enjoy!