Quiche is a savory, pastry type crust that is filled of aromatic custard with meat or seafood or vegetables and cheese. It is originated from France. You can serve hot or cold.
The Chicken and Swiss Cheese Quiche is a delicious quiche recipe with tart flavor of the cheese and slightly sweet taste. The havarti cheese or Swiss cheese can be replaced with other types of grated cheese. For best taste, serve this quiche with gelatin fruit salad and fresh fruit.
Ingredients: Chicken and Swiss Cheese Quiche
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, well drained and thawed
- 1 ½ cup havarti cheese or shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 ½ cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp money mustard
- 4-5 eggs, beaten
- 1 9” pie pastry
Preparation Method: Chicken and Swiss Cheese Quiche
- In order to preheat oven, set the temperature to 350 F. Set aside and prepare pie crust.
- Take a bowl of medium size and add pepper, thyme, salt, flour, mustard, honey and eggs and make a homogenous mixture through beating.
- In the prepared crust, layer the spinach, Swiss cheese and cubed me chicken. Now transfer the blended mixture of eggs and other ingredients gradually into the pie crust. Use parmesan cheese to sprinkle the pie crust.
- Place the final product in oven for baking. The appropriate baking duration is 40-50 minutes or until the filling is set and crust is golden in color.
- Prior to cut the quiche into wedges let it to stand for 4-6 minutes.
- Chicken and Swiss Cheese Quiche is ready; For best taste, serve this quiche with gelatin fruit salad, fresh fruit and drinks.