Chicken Do Pyaza is delicious Indian Pakistan chicken recipe. This is a special kind of chicken dish that is cooked with two types of onion. This is a popular chicken recipe of Punjab that is served with naan or roti. Chicken Do Pyaza is one of the tastiest chicken recipes.
The Ingredients: Chicken Do Pyaaza Recipe
- 1 Kilogram of chicken
- 2 onions
- 2 tsp of garlic paste
- 1 tsp of ginger paste
- 1 tbsp of kasoori methi
- 1 tbsp of red chilli, grounded
- 1 ½ tbsp of desi ghee
- 2 ½ tsp of ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of coriander powder
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small cup of yogurt
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp of cumin powder
- 3 tbsp of cream
- 1 tbsp of coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp of mint leaves
- 1 tbsp of chopped green chillies
Ingredients for Garam Masala:
- 1 tbsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp of mace powder
- 1 tbsp of clove powder
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp of black cardamom powder.
Method of Preparation for Garam Masala:
Blend mace powder, black cardamom powered, cinnamon powder clove powder and green cardamom powder together.
Preparation Method for Chicken Do Pyaaza Recipe
- Slice the chicken into pieces with even size and marinate with garlic paste, salt, some, red chilli grounded and ginger paste.
- Chop the onion finely and cut other onion into larger pieces. Mix the tomatoes to form puree.
- Heat the desi ghee in pan and add ginger and garlic paste.
- When the mixture turn brown, add your chopped onions and cook until it turns golden brown. Add salt and tomato puree.
- Put some yogurt into a bowl and add red chilli and turmeric then mix very well. Add the mixture to the already prepared tomato puree and cook some minutes.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, the already marinated chicken, water, garam masala and onions cut into pieces.
Heat the cream, green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves, and kasoori methi to the chicken and serve hot.