Gyros or a Gyro is a Greek dish that is made of meat cooked on a vertical skewer. Normally it is made with chicken, mutton, veal, lamb or beef, or other several alternatives such as halloumi cheese or feta. It is usually served covered in a flatbread such as the sandwich with French fries, onion, tomato and tzatziki sauce.
Gyros dish is the part of the sandwich family but it is distinguished from other semi-folded hand-held foods due to their complete over-wrap but with losing lower flap.
The chicken gyros recipe with French fries, tzatziki, and feta is one of the best recipes you need in your kitchen. It will serve better when you are expecting the special guest in your house during the weekend and want to show good hospitality to your guest.
This meal is normally prepared with lamb but has been recreated using chicken breast to give your guest taste of lean white meat gotten from chicken which everybody loves to enjoy. Go ahead and read for more information about chicken gyros recipe through the awesome cooking recipes website.
Chicken Gyros Recipe
- 8 thin slices of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika, smoked
- 1 big minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, extra virgin
- 5 ounces of Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of cucumber, minced
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Dash hot sauce
- 1 russet potato, already sliced thin in the shoestrings fries
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 pieces of pita bread made with whole wheat.
Chicken Gyros Recipe
- Put together entire spices starting from salt to smoked paprika inside a small bowl.
- Put chicken in a big Ziploc bag, spread minced garlic and use extra virgin oil on it.
- Drizzle seasoning mixture on chicken and press into the meat via Ziploc bag.
- Put to the refrigerator for about 2 to 4 hours so as to marinate the meat.
- Combine 3.5 ounces of Greek Yogurt, 3 tablespoons of minced cucumber, ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, dash hot sauce and dash salt and mix them together till completely combined. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice your potatoes lengthwise and use it to make thin shoestring.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of extra virgin oil on the pan and put the potato slices inside in one layer.
- Simmer for about 35 to 40 minutes or continue till reach the crunch level you want. Conclude this by spreading salt over it and put aside.
- Heat cast iron grill and brush using extra virgin oil
- Remove pieces of garlic to avoid burning and put the chicken breast on top of it and cook each side for about 3 minutes.
- Use tzatziki to spread the pita bread and layer it with the already sliced chicken breasts. Put fresh fries, the extra virgin olive oil and garnish using feta cheese.
- Chicken Gyros recipe with French Fries, Tzatziki, and Feta cheese is ready. Enjoy!