Chicken Stew and Appam is a dish that is particularly cooked as a breakfast. This is very famous recipe in Kerala (India). The dish can be wonderful starters for rice lovers. Chicken Stew and Appam is an easy recipe.
Ingredients: For Appam (Chicken Stew and Appam Recipe)
- Salt – to taste
- 20 grams Sugar
- ½ cup boiled Cooked rice
- 500 grams raw Rice
- 1 grated coconut
- 1/ 2 table spoon Yeast
Ingredients: For Chicken Stew (Chicken Stew and Appam Recipe)
- 500 grams chicken cubes
- 5 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 Bay leaf
- Curry leaves(as per likeness)
- 5 Coriander leaves
- 2 table spoon Coconut oil
- 100 ML coconut milk
- 1/2 table spoon Crushed pepper
- 600 grams chicken piece
- A medium sized potato
- 100 grams onion
- 100 grams Carrot
- 3 Green chili
- 3 table spoon of Garlic
- 3 table spoon of Ginger
How to cook: Appam (Chicken Stew and Appam Recipe)
- Soak the rice for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook the rice until it is soft.
- Add cooked rice with shredded coconut.
- Prepare the mixture.
- Boil water; add yeast, sugar and salt. Blend it for 25 minutes
- Add mixture to the rice.
- Leave the mixture for 4 hours to get ferment.
- Keep a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and spread the mixture around.
- Appam is ready, remove and serve warm.
How to cook: Chicken Stew (Chicken Stew and Appam Recipe)
- Add chicken cubes, carrots and sliced onions into a pan.
- Take a pressure cooker and add 2 teaspoons coconut oil and heat it.
- Now add clove, cardamom and cinnamon and mix it.
- Later, add ginger, garlic with the mixture and combine with onions, potatoes, carrots and green chilies. Stir again.
- Now add and mix the chicken cubes.
- Add ¼ cup of water and stir again.
- Wait for a while and cook for five minutes.
- Add some bay leaves.
- Use freshly crushed black pepper, coriander leaves and curry leaves and add them to the cooker. Stir well. Add oil and coconut milk.
- Raise the heat and wait for 2 minutes.
- Chicken Stew and Appam Recipe is ready.
- Serve the Chicken Stew with the Appam.