Quiche is a savory, pastry type crust that is filled of aromatic custard with meat or seafood, or vegetables and cheese. It is originated from France. You can serve hot or cold.
The creamy chicken quiche recipe is a combination of different textures and flavors. You can add or replace Dijon to yellow mustard if it suits to your taste. The cream will add richness to this quiche. It is a best recipe for lunch.
Ingredients required: Creamy Chicken Quiche Recipe
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 4-5 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded havarti cheese or baby Swiss
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 ½ cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 unbaked pie crust of 9 inch
Preparation Method: Creamy Chicken Quiche
- Preheat oven to bake the pie crust. Adjust the temperature to 375 F. for 6-8 minutes blind bake the pie crust. Continue baking until it becomes light brown in color. In order to cool it set aside on a wire rack.
- Take a saucepan of medium size and melt the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Now add the garlic, mushroom and onions in saucepan, stir frequently. Continue the process until ingredients become tender. It may take 7-8 minutes.
- Insert chicken broth, thyme and chicken. Adjust the heat source over medium and cook this mixture until liquid evaporates. Stir the mixture for about 4 to 5 minutes frequently.
- Add the mixture of chicken in baked crust gradually. Make sure to set the chicken mixture in the bottom. Sprinkle with havarti cheese, baby Swiss and parmesan cheese.
- Take a bowl of medium size and add flour, mustard, eggs, sour cream and cream. Use a wire whisk to beat the mixture well until combined.
- Pour this mixture into the pie shell. Make the small holes using the tip of knife in the chicken filling so the custard reaches to all sides and bottom. Use the remaining 2 tbsp parmesan cheese to sprinkle on the top of quiche.
- Place the quiche in oven for baking until the filling is puffed, set and golden brown. Let the quiche to cool for few minutes then cut into wedges of appropriate sizes to serve.
- Creamy Chicken Quiche is ready; you can serve in lunch or dinner.