Double ka Metha is also known as a popular Hyderabadi version of the famous Shahi Tukde and normally it consists of bread that is fried and soaked in sweet milk. This is a rich and delicious recipe which is considered as ideal for lavish dinners. In case you are more conscious about using fried bread then don’t worry because you can go with oil free version where toasted bread is used. Let’s discuss an easy recipe for this popular dish.
Ingredients: Double ka Metha Recipe I Shahi Tukde Recipe
- Saffron some strands
- Cashew nuts 2 tbsp chopped
- Bread slices 4 in number
- Milk 1 -1/2 cups
- Raisins 2 tbsp
- Almonds 2 tablespoons chopped
- Oil for frying
- Sweetened Condensed milk ½ cup
Preparation Method: Double ka Metha Recipe I Shahi Tukde Recipe
- In a bowl mix together milk and condensed milk. Take bread slices and trim their edges and cut these into 4 pieces in a diagonal fashion.
- Heat oil and deep fry the pieces of bread till they get golden brown in color. Remove from frying pan and spread these in a dish.
- Carefully deep fry raisins, cashew nuts and almonds and spread these upon fried pieces of bread. Pour mixture of milk from the first step over bread and sprinkle saffron and cardamom powder. Place these in microwave for 2 minutes till milk gets absorbed in a proper fashion.
- The delicious recipe of Double ka Metha or Shahi Tukde is ready.
- It is your choice to either serve the dish warm or cold.