Fried chicken with hummus is an easy chicken recipe served with a delightful garbanzo beans dip, Middle Eastern style that offers not only a yummy chicken recipe rather preparing it is also so easy that even a novice cook can get it done right. Being among my favorite dinner ideas it has been a family favorite for a long time and wherever I have been, this recipe has always made me nostalgic. Last night my daughter made this dish for me.
Ingredients: Easy Fried Chicken Recipe with Hummus
For Fried Chicken
1 1/2 kg whole chicken (cut in 8 pieces)
2 cups plain flour
2 large egg
1 ½ tsp chili powder
1 ½ tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper powder
1 cup water
Oil (for frying)
1 cup garbanzo beans (white chana)
2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
2 tbsp tahini
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
How to Cook Easy Fried Chicken with Hummus
- Take a large resealable bag and place 1 cup plain flour, red chili powder, 1 ½ tsp black pepper, 1 tsp salt.
- Mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and shake well after sealing, so that chicken pieces are coated properly.
- In another bowl beat the eggs.
- Combine the remaining salt, plain flour and black pepper.
- Dip the coated pieces of chicken in egg and then slightly roll in the plain flour, shaking them well to ensure excess flour is shaked off before frying.
- Heat oil and fry the chicken pieces on medium heat for 10 minutes to ensure they are properly cooked from the inside. Then fry for 5 minutes on high heat until brown and crispy.
- Drain fried chicken on paper towels before serving.
- Serve hot with Hummus dip.
- Combine the beans, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper in a food processor bowl.
- Process the mixture into a fine paste. This will take about 10 minutes of processing.
- Transfer into a bowl and enjoy the dip with hot fried chicken.