It is an authentic kashmiri recipe. Lets learn how to cook Fish curry with lotus stems
Ingredients: Fish Curry with Lotus Stems
Salt and water
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp garlic paste
2 pieces of Black cardamom
2-3 green cardamoms
3-4 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 lotus stem
3-4 pieces of Kokum
3 Tbsp desi ghee
20 gm of black cumin seeds
20 gm drying ginger powder
20 gm black cardamom
40 gm of red chillies
3 quartered big onions
3-4 cloves of garlic
5 cup cooking oil
How to cook Fish curry with lotus stems
• First of all take 3-4 healthy and clean kingfish, wash it and make uniform size pieces.
• Now use the salt to wipe the fish pieces. Leave the fish pieces for 10 minutes in dry condition.
• Put 3-4 cup oil in a pan and turn on the heat source. Fry the pieces of fish.
• Continue the fish frying process till the fish pieces become golden. Take the pieces out of pan when they become brown.
• Now make the thin long slices of large onions and put the slices in a pan. Fry the slices of onion in oil.
• Take the slices of onion out as they turn golden in colour.
• Now put the fried slice of onion in a mixer and blend them for some minutes to make the paste.
• Boil 5-6 cups of water in a pan and put the Kokum to it. The key purpose of this process is to remove the essence out.
• Discard the pieces of Kokum after extraction of essence.
• Add 1 Tbsp garlic paste and turn on the heat till it becomes brown. Add 1 Tsp red chili and 2 tsp turmeric and lotus stems.
• Now add brown onion paste, Kokum essence water, 1 Tbsp vadi masala and sauté for some time.
• Add some salt, dry ginger powder and fish pieces and mix
• Your Fish curry with lotus stems is ready. Serve hot