I tried this tasty Fried Masala Pomfret at home. Originally I saw this recipe at Imperial INN. Very easy to cook, it is delicious and healthier. You can eat this in lunch or dinner. Serve with warm cabbage salad.
Ingredients:Fried Masala Pomfret Recipe
Juice of lemon
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 Tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp ginger
For the Fish:
Oil to shallow fry
For warm cabbage salad:
1/2 tsp vinegar
1 cup cabbage
4-5 curry leaves
1 green chilli
1 red chilli
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp olive oil
How to Cook – Fried Masala Pomfret
• First of all prepare masala, mix lemon juice, red chili, turmeric, oil, garlic, ginger and semolina together. Make sure to mix the all ingredients uniformly. Now Masala is ready to use.
• Cut the fish into small pieces and make the gashes. Now apply the prepared masala on gashes. Masala should cover the fish gashes uniformly. Leave it for 10 minutes in dry condition.
• Now shallow fry the gashes from both sides. Continue fry process till fish pieces become golden. Keep the heat at medium level to avoid from over cooking.
• Now serve the hot Masala fried Pomfret with kiwi and warm cabbage salad.
Preparation warm cabbage salad:
• Place some cooking oil, curry leaves, green chilli and mustard seeds in a pan and turn on the heat. Now let the ingredients to splutter for few minutes.
• Put some sliced onions after few minutes; add pepper, salt and cabbage.
• Turn off the heat when salad is ready.
• Now you can add sugar, vinegar and diced kiwi in pan and mix the ingredients in a better way. Cook for few minutes.
• Use the grated coconut to garnish salad. Now the cabbage salad is ready to use.
• Serve with masala fried fish.