Glazed Carrots Recipe by Cook Awesome
Carrot is a common item in everyone’s fridge because of its many health benefits and inexpensive factor. Carrots used in several other dishes including glazed carrots. You just need only 5 ingredients to prepare this carrots recipe.
To start with, completely wash and peel all the carrots. Then cut them into coin shape and cook in water till tender. Now, toss these tender carrots in a mixture of butter and brown sugar. You can also add salt for enhancing the taste of the meal. Sprinkle some parsley and you are all ready to serve a healthy carrots dish to your loved ones and guests.
Tips for Glazed Carrots:
- Cut the carrots in equal size or shape so that they cook uniformly.
- You can add maple syrup or honey if brown sugar is not available.
- Sprinkle parsley for enhancing the look of the dish but this step is completely optional.
- It is necessary to cut the carrots up to three days before making this dish.
Health Benefits of Carrots:
No doubt carrots are extremely beneficial for health. Carrots are rich in vitamin K, fiber, antioxidants, and beta-carotene. They also help you improve your vision and protect you from certain kinds of cancer. They also slow down the process of aging and prevent infection.
This recipe of glazed carrots just needs few minutes to cook and a healthy dish for kids. You can serve this side dish with different meals like roasted chicken and treat your family with scrumptious weekend dinner.
Preparation Time – 5 min
Cook Time – 15 min
Total Time – 20 min
- Carrots (peeled and cut into ½ inch slices), 1 kg
- Butter, ¼ cup.
- Brown sugar, ¼ cup.
- Salt, ¼ tbsp.
- Chopped parsley, 1 tbsp.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water in a large cooking pan and add the carrot slices. Cook carrots on a simmer.
- Note the time and cook for 7-10 minutes or till carrots are tender. Now remove them from the pan.
- Take a frying pan and add salt, sugar, and butter. Gently toss the carrots in this mixture.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes and stir regularly till a sauce is created.
- Glazed carrots are prepared. Sprinkle chopped parsley if needed.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Watch Video on YouTube