A tender fillet of fish cooked in an aromatic sauce that is made of cumin, coriander, mint, and chili. It is served with vegetable mixed rice.
Ingredients: Green Masala Machli with Vegetable Rice Recipe
To prepare garam masala:
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 piece cinnamon stick
3 tsp coriander seeds
To prepare rice:
3 large size onions
2 tsp salt
2 tbsp garlic paste
3 tbsp ginger paste
2 cup basmati rice
5 whole red chillies
Other important ingredients:
½ tsp red chili powder
1 Tbsp garlic paste
3 medium sized onions
2 cup ghee
1Tbsp garam masala
3 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp salt
3 cup olive oil
1 kg yogurt
10 green chilies
3 bunches mint
2 bunches green coriander
9 pieces of rohu fish, 2 tsp cumin seeds.
How to Cook Green Masala Machli with Vegetable Rice Recipe
• First of all use the salt and chili flakes to marinate the fish pieces. Leave the fish pieces for some time and do other preparations.
• Put cumin, salt, olive oil, lemon, yogurt, green chili, mint and coriander in a grinder and grind for some time to make a green paste. This is your green masala.
• Now mix cinnamon, cumin with coriander seed to make garam masala. Keep aside.
• Put 2 cups of cooking oil in a pan and turn the heat on. Put the pieces of onion and sauté. Continue this process till the onions become brown.
• Now put salt, garam masala, red chili powder and garlic paste into the pan. Allow this mixture simmer for some time. Then add the garam masala. Turn on the heat source and cook it for 10 minutes.
• Observe the release of oil as the green curry cooks.
• Serve with green chili and garnish of lemon.
Preparation of rice:
• Take a pan and put 1 cup of cooking oil and heat it. Then put the brown onion in oil. When the oil starts to heat then put salt, red chili, garlic paste and grated ginger along with mixed vegetable, cashew nut and cook for nearly 10 minutes.
• Add the rice when masala is ready. Add sufficient water in the pan to facilitate the boiling of rice.
• Serve with lemon, green chili and fish.