Haleem is a wonderful treat for your taste buds if you are a food lover. It is made with beef and lentils and can be regarded as a slowly cooked wonder. This is something, which every Pakistani loves to have at his or her dining table. The method which is used for cooking Haleem is not complex, but it should be followed with great care for getting best results. Continuous stirring is considered as important for get the best consistency that is associated with Haleem. Let’s discuss an easy to make recipe for Haleem so that you can also try it at home.
Ingredients: Haleem Recipe I Beef Haleem Recipe
- Chana Daal half cup
- Urid Daal Half cup
- Barly Half cup
- 1 kg of beef on bone
- Grated Ginger two tablespoon
- Clarified butter two tablespoons
- Ground fenugreek
- One tablespoon of ground cumin
- One tablespoon chilli powder
- Salt according to taste
- Sliced onions two in number
- Half cup of wheat berries
- Two tablespoon of crushed garlic
- Water two and half liters
- One pinch of saffron color
- Ground coriander one tablespoon
- One tablespoon of chaat masala spice mix
- Turmeric one teaspoon
- Half cup of vegetable oil
- Garam Masala one tablespoon
Preparation Method: Haleem I Beef Haleem
- You should start by soaking daal and the barely together for one complete night. Wheat berries should be crushed in a partial fashion inside mortar and pestle and this should be soaked for 1 ½ hours.
- Grains and lentils should be drained and these should be placed in saucepan along with ginger, water, meat, garlic and bones. For two hours this should simmered and occasionally it should be stirred.
- The bones should be removed and continue cooking it for an hour till meat starts falling apart.
- To this make the addition of ghee, fenugreek, cumin, chilli powder, salt, saffron color, coriander, chaat masala and turmeric and allow it to be cooked for one more hour. During this period it should be stirred in a regular fashion so that ingredients can properly breakdown and get blended. Stew will start to give sticky and thicker appearance.
- In a frying pan vegetable oil should be heated and onions should be fried till color gets brown. Now add the remaining onion as well as garam masala to this stew. This should be cooked for another 15 minutes.
- Now scoop this upon plates and remaining should be garnished with fried onions, chilli, chaat masala, lemon, ginger and coriander.
- Haleem is to be served with chapattis or naan.