This is a perfect healthy recipe which you can enjoy with friends and family. It can be served warm or at room temperature. It is simply perfect and it is one of the best lunch recipes or an easy dinner recipes, so you will have great fun with it.
Ingredients: Healthy Broccoli Quiche Recipe
• One and half cup of all purpose flour
• Half cup of unsalted butter
• One large egg and it should be in a beaten state
• 6 large eggs
• Half cup of whole milk
• Half teaspoon of pepper freshly ground
• One broccoli head, cut in the form of florets
• One teaspoon of finely grain sea salt
• Four to eight tablespoon of water and it should be in a cold state
• Heavy cream ¼ cup
• Salt half teaspoon
• Shredded sharper cheddar 1 ¼ cups
How to cook Healthy Broccoli Quiche Recipe
• For crust you will have to take a larger bowl and start by mixing salt and flour. The butter in cold state should be grated with the help of grater. You will have to work in a quicker fashion here for breaking butter into smaller bits with hands into flour.
• The addition of 4 tablespoons of water should be made and mixed. At this point the mixture will turn shaggy and from here on you should start by making the addition of one tablespoon of water so that dough can come together. Put flour on your counter and move by dumping dough upon it. Kneading should be done few times till everything comes together. Give it the shape of a disc and wrap it inside a wrap made up of plastic and send this to refrigerator for chilling and it should be done for at least an hour.
• Take the disc out of your refrigerator and it should be allowed to reach room temperature for at least 10 minutes. Put flour on your working surface as well as the rolling pin. Start rolling dough and rotate it after regular intervals so that it should not get stuck. Next your job is to warp dough around the region of rolling pin and unroll this one upon 9 inches pie dish. In a gentle fashion the dough should be fitted towards bottom and towards sides of pie dish. Around the pie tin trimming of dough should be done and it will best to leave overhang of one inch. The edges of crust should be crimped and it should be transferred to freezer for a time period fifteen minutes.
• Coming towards quiche filling oven should be preheated to 350 degree and whisk eggs together in a larger bowl along with heavy cream, salt, pepper, milk and a cup of cheddar cheese. Arrange broccoli’s florets to fluted crust of pie. Next step is related with pouring mixture of egg into the crust of pie. Use egg wash for brushing edges of pie crust. It should be transferred to oven and must be baked for 45 to 55 minutes till center gets puffed and crust turns into golden brown color.
• Server the dish warm or at room temperature