Pakistani meals are simply incomplete without naan bread. This crispy bread is an essential part of every family meal and dining table is never considered as full without this special treat. Crispy Naans are cooked in special oven like structure that is known as tandoor for getting the genuine taste and for centuries it is being made this way.
Ingredients: Hot and Crispy Naans Recipe
- Organic strong plain flour 320 g
- Baking soda ¼ tsp
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Natural yoghurt 100 ml
- ½ pint whole milk
- One pinch of salt
- One beaten egg
- Two tablespoons of ghee
- ½ teaspoon of nigella seeds and sesame seeds
Preparation Method: Hot and Crispy Naans Recipe
- Kneading by means of hands should be done by ventilating dry ingredients by the sifting of baking powder, salt, baking soda, flour and sugar in a larger bowl. Towards the middle make one hole and add beaten egg, ghee and make the dough appearance of a ball. In the next step make the addition of yoghurt. Now add half quantity of milk and some more if needed for getting smoother dough.
- You will have to continue with dough kneading till a smooth dough ball is obtained.
- The main key here is all related with getting softer dough is coating it with ghee in a lighter fashion prior to allowing dough resting. Leave the dough, covered with damp tea towel and leave in a warm place for one to three hours. The dough should rise, but its size must not be doubled.
- Now divide the dough into seven to eight round shaped balls with the help of rolling pin. The dough should be rolled into oblong naan with ends tapering and piercing should be done with the help of folk. Naans should be brushed with ghee in a light fashion and sprinkle with seeds of your choice.
- Using a heavy based frying pan of nonstick nature, heat, slap and dry the naan. Cook in a gentle fashion till naan turns into light brown color and slid it into roasting oven’s hot shelf. The naans should be allowed to stay in oven till their rise and small brown pockets should appear towards the naan’s top.