Have you heard about the elegant and great bird known as hummingbird? You are going to stand chances of eating the cake named after this bird. This cake is made with few ingredients but highly delicious, tasty and even nutritious cake recipe. That is the reason this article is about to provide you with Hummingbird Cake Recipe.
Ingredients: Hummingbird Cake Recipe
• ½ cup of chopped pecans
• 1 cup of vegetable oil
• 2 cups of chopped bananas
• 1 cup of chopped pecans
• Cream Cheese Frosting
• 1 (8-oz) can of crushed untrained pineapple
• 3 large beaten eggs
• 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 2 cups of sugar
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
Preparation Method: Hummingbird Cake
1. Mix together 3 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 cups of sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon inside a large bowl; add oil and eggs, ensure continuous stirring until the ingredients are moistened. You are not supposed to beat. Beat in vanilla, 1 cup of pecans, bananas and pineapple.
2. Pour in batter into 3 floured and greased 9” round cake spans. Bake your mixture at 350 degree for about 25 to 30 minutes or until you are able to get the long wooden pick out of the cake without stain. Cool your cake in pans placed on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove it from pans and cool on wire rack completely.
3. Spread Creamed Cheese Frosting between the layers and on top of the cake as well as by the sides of the cake. Drizzle ½ cup of chopped pecans on top. Store your Hummingbird cake in refrigerator.