Idli Sambhar Recipe is combination of two dishes. The dish is south Indian staple and can be served as lunch.
Ingredients: Idli and Sambhar Recipe
• 1/2 cup Toor Dal (Pulse)
• 4 meshed Tomato
• 3 Carrots
• 1 heaped table spoon Sambhar powder
• 4 pinches Turmeric powder
• 1 table spoon tamarind (pulp)
• ½ cup Water
• 1 table spoon oil
• 1 pinch Salt
To cook Sambhar:
• 3 table spoon Oil
• 2 Curry Leaves
• 1/3 table spoon Fenugreek Seeds
• 1/3 table spoon Split Urad Dal
• 4 medium sized Onion
• 2 table spoon Mustard Seeds
• ½ table spoon Asafoetida/Hing
How to make: Idli and Sambhar
• Add water in a bowl, take the pulse and rinse.
• Use pressure cooker, heat the cooker and add oil.
• Add meshed tomatoes.
• Carrots should be added after the tomatoes get soft.
• Add dried pulse to the cooker.
• Add turmeric powder, and stir randomly.
• Add water, and salt.
• Cover the pressure cooker and wait for the whistle.
• The flame should be medium low.
• After the whistle, remove the pulse and mesh it.
• Take the pan and add some water.
• Heat the pan and boil Sambhar.
• Add the pulse to the boiling Sambhar.
• Make a paste with the addition of water and Sambhar powder.
• Let the pan boil for 5 minutes, the paste should not be too watery.
• Wait for the paste to become thick.
• Take a pan and add water.
• Add Oil, Curry Leaves, Fenugreek Seeds, Split Urad Dal, Onion, Mustard Seeds and Asafoetida/Hing.
• Add all the ingredients to the boiling Sambhar.
• Wait for 7 minutes.
• Garnish with coriander leaves.
• Add 1 table spoon of oil.
• Place idli’s and add hot Sambhar together.
Your Idli and Sambhar is ready to serve