Chocolate and strawberries form an excellent combination. Instead of making the traditional recipe of chocolate covered strawberries, you can serve this awesome strawberries recipe to your friends and family members. It is a rich chocolate truffle that is filled in fresh strawberries. The dish has a perfect ratio of chocolate to strawberries which you will experience for yourself.
Ingredients: Inside-Out Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Semi-sweet chocolate – 2/3 cup (chopped)
- Extra-large strawberries – 12
- Heavy cream – ½ cup
Preparation Method: Inside-Out Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Divide chopped chocolate in two parts with one part to be ½ cup of chopped chocolate.
- Put this ½ chocolate in a separate bowl.
- Place heavy cream in a saucepan and heat it over medium-high flame until it reaches to boiling point and bubbles are breaking on the pan sides.
- Pour this hot cream over the separated chocolate.
- Wait for 1 minute to let the cream soften the chocolate and then whisk the mixture so well so that it becomes glossy and smooth. Whisk the mixture until it cools down to room temperature. The mixture will start to thicken as it gets cooler. You can also refrigerate the mixture to speed up the process by covering it with a cling wrap. Remember, you need to refrigerate it till it thickens to the texture of peanut butter. It should not be very hard.
- Wash and pat dry strawberries. Carefully remove the stem of the strawberries and dig in deep to make a hole inside. Cut the bottom of the strawberries also so that it can stand firmly.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and dip the tips of the strawberries in it and place it on parchment over a baking sheet. Hold the strawberries for a moment so that the chocolate sets and supports the strawberries.
- When all the chocolates are upright and the chocolate filling is thickened, pour it into a ½ inch piping bag and squeeze it in the strawberries to form a peak.
- Inside-Out Chocolate covered Strawberries are best to serve within few hours of making them.