Keema Matar is a famous dish without which Pakistani Cuisine is considered as incomplete. It is easy to make, but important point is that proper inclusion of ingredients in the right quantity should be ensured for getting the perfect flavor. You can try making this wonderful dish at home as well. Below we will discuss a simple and easy to make method for Matter Keema.
Ingredients: Keema Matar recipe (Pakistani style)
- Minced beef ½ kg
- Finely chopped two tomatoes
- Oil 6 tablespoons
- Cloves 6 in number
- Cumin Seeds ¼ teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon according to taste
- Chili powder ¾ teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Matar 250 grm
- One large size onion
- Black pepper
- Black cardamom
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder ½ teaspoon
Cooking Method: Keema Matar
- Chop the onion in a fine way and fry it in oil till light brown color is achieved.
- To this make the addition of tomatoes and spices
- This should be cooked upon medium flame till water is dried. To this minced mead should be added. Mix properly and dry water again.
- Now add two glasses of water and it should be cooked and covered till meat gets tender and water is dried. At this point Matar should be added and it must be cooked till it gets soft.
- Towards the garam masala powder should be sprinkled and garnishing can be done with green chilies, coriander leaves and ginger.
- Serve Keema Matar dish hot with naan.