The Kothu Paratha with Shrimp Recipe is basically a Sri Lankan recipe but accepted as South Indian recipes. It is taken as much preferred street food of Kerala South India. It can be made with mutton, beef or chicken with different spices. During my visit to this part of India, I eat this; it was a mouth watering dish. I am sure when you make at your home, you will love the recipe. You can make it this recipe at home with your leftover Roti and other food.
Serves 2 People
Ingredients: Kothu Paratha with Shrimp Recipe
- Shallots – 4
- Garlic – 3 Cloves
- Finely Chopped (medium size) onions – 2
- Ginger – One Inch Piece
- Chopped Tomatoes – 2
- Vegetable Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Green Chiles – 2 (split lengthwise)
- Chili Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ground Pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Garam Masala – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – 2springs
- Beaten Eggs – 2 (including pepper and salt)
- Shelled Shrimp – 250 grams
- 4 Hot Parathas or Roti
Preparation Method: Kothu Paratha with Shrimp
- First of all, chop the hot parathas or roti (one inch in size) and keep aside.
- Crush the shallots, chiles, garlic and ginger with the help of pestle and mortar.
- Take one tablespoon of oil in pan. Scramble the eggs softly and turn off the heat before these get completely dry. Put the eggs in a plate.
- Use two tablespoon oil. Put the chopped onions in hot oil till these become translucent and soft.
- Include the crushed ingredients in the onion pan. For three minutes, sauté all the ingredients on low heat.
- It’s time to add garam masala, turmeric, tomatoes, pepper and chili powder. Now, keep the mixture on low heat for one more minute.
- Put the curry leaves and shrimp. Cover the pan and let the food to cook on medium flame for four minutes.
- Replace the top and sauté shrimp mixture for two minutes, so that the food cook through and dry out properly; otherwise the juice in shrimp will make the parathas soggy.
- Add the crispy paratha pieces and stir for 30 seconds.
- At the end, include the scramble eggs and stir again to mix the ingredients.
- Serve the dish when it is hot. Best to make on a cold or rainy day.