If you are fan of coconut and lemon then without any doubt these Lemon and Coconut balls will make you fall in love with them. The intense flavor of lemon in Lemon and Coconut Energy balls recipe is the main treat and for adding interesting tropical flair coconut is present in the form of a double dose. They are not only easy to chew, but also sweet and you will be reminded of lemon in the best possible way. The most positive aspect related with Lemon and Coconut balls recipe is that its nutritive value is very much high. They are simply perfect for your kids because decent combination of coconut, lemon, chia seeds, dates all act as a great dose of fiber along with essential minerals. Let’s have a look at the Lemon and Coconut Energy balls recipe for getting a better idea.
Ingredients: Lemon and Coconut Energy balls
- Pitted dates 2 cups
- ½ Coconut, but it should be shredded in a fine manner (unsweetened)
- Lemon zest
- Pure extract of vanilla 2 tbsp
- Ground ginger ¼ tsp (optional)
- Rolled oats 1 cup
- Chia seeds 2 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Sea salt a pinch
Preparation Method: Lemon and Coconut Energy balls
- Insert all ingredients in the food processor and mix them till the constituents get properly incorporated upon consistency that should be dough like.
- This mixture should now be transferred to a bowl, cover it properly and place inside freezer for a period of 15 minutes. This step can be regarded as optional, but you will find it easy to mold balls especially when mixture is a little chilled.
- Damp your hands with coconut oil and take out a tablespoon size quantity of mixture and give it the shape of a ball and place it upon plate that should have lining of baking sheet.
- Take a bowl and insert in it coconut that has been shredded 3 to 4 tbsp. Every ball should be rolled in it using your hands.
- For 30 minutes put the Lemon and Coconut Energy balls inside refrigerator so that they can get firm. Store these inside a container that should be airtight for a week. In case you are using freezer then Energy balls can be stored for a month.