This lemon chocolate dip candies will become a favorite dish of your kids and even in your get together parties. They are so delicious that people will think you have bought these from a candy store. You can also add other citrus flavor to give your own touch.
Ingredients: Lemon Chocolate Dip Candies
- Sugar (powdered) – 5 cups
- Butter (at room temperature) – ¼ cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Lemon extract – 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
- Marshmallow cream – ¾ cup
- Lemon juice – 2.5 tablespoons
- Lemon zest – 2 lemons
- Chocolate candy coating – 1 pound
- Yellow food coloring
- Silvers of candied peel of lemon – (optional)
Preparation method: Lemon Chocolate Dip Candies
- In a mixing bowl, combine, 2 cups of powdered sugar, salt, lemon juice, lemon extract, lemon zest, vanilla extract, marshmallow cream, butter and a few drops of food coloring.
- Mix all the ingredients until they are evenly incorporated and smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining powdered sugar while mixing constantly and scraping the sides of the bowl. Mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Taste the mixture. You can add additional lemon extract if you desire and additional yellow color to give it a bold yellow color.
- Scoop out the mixture in small balls by a candy scoop and place in your hands to roll in your palms until they are 1-inch round balls.
- Place these balls on a baking sheet and cover it with waxed or parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Place the candy coating in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave till it melts completely, mixing after every 45 seconds to avoid overheating.
- Use a fork or dipping tools, dip the cream filling in the melted candy coating and drag it to the top of the bowl to remove excess coating.
- Place these balls on the baking sheet again, if desired and sprinkle silver of candied lemon peel over the wet coating. Repeat the process with other cream fillings.
- Refrigerate the cream fillings for at least 20 minutes or until they are firm.
- Serve Lemon Chocolate Dip Candies at room temperature.