Daal is a popular part of the eating habits that are followed in the region of South Asia. Especially in the region of Pakistan and India daal is almost cooked daily and acts as a part of many other different recipes. A variety of lentils or daal are used in the Indian Subcontinent, but Moong Daal is known for its unique taste and flavor. Today we will discuss an interesting Moong daal recipe where Tadka is considered as extremely important for adding flavor to the daal (Lentil recipe).
Ingredients : Moong Daal Recipe I Lentil cooking recipe
- Yellow Split peas dried two cups
- Onion finely sliced one
- Coriander powder ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper
- Two Cardamon
- Curry leaves four
- Thinly sliced garlic cloves two in number
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves two tablespoons
- Salt according to taste
- Vegetable oil one tablespoon
- Chopped tomatoes one cup
- Chili powder one teaspoon
- Turmeric powder one teaspoon
- Three cloves
- Bay leaves one
- Garam Masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves two thinly sliced
- Red chili pepper two in dried form
- Fresh green chilies two in number
- Three tablespoon of pure ghee
Preparation Method: Moong Daal , Lentil cooking
- First of all Daal should be washed properly and then soaked for about 30 to 35 minutes. After this heat the Mong daal along with water and add powder of red chili, turmeric powder, coriander powder, paste of garlic till boiling. This should be allowed to cook on low flame for about 12 minutes.
- Next, you should make the addition of tomatoes, green chilies and these should be cooked till daal gets into a tender position and is thickened. If needed more water should be added so that drying can be prevented. Into cooked split make the addition of bay leaves, lemon juice, garam masala powder, salt and these should be allowed to get mixed in a proper fashion.
- In a small pan oil should be heated and thinly sliced onion should be added. Fry these till golden brown color is obtained. The fried onion along with oil should be poured in daal now.
- Take another pan and heat oil in it. Make the addition of cumin seeds, black pepper, cloves, curry leaves, cardamom, red chilies dried, chopped cloves of garlic and it should be allowed to sauté for two to three minutes on a low flame.
- This tadka should be poured upon Moong Daal. The daal is ready for serving now.
- It should be garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves and can be served hot with chapati or rice.