Fried Rice is cooked in all parts of the world and it will not be wrong to say that every region adds its own flavor and ingredients to the fried rice recipe. There are many versions of fried rice present and all of them use the same basic fried rice recipe, but variations related with different regions further enhance the charm related with the dish. The Nasi Goreng Fried Rice is the Indonesian version of this dish that uses tomatoes and cucumbers as toppings, but in the traditional Indonesian fried rice eggs are used for toppings.
In this section, we will discuss the yummy recipe in a simpler manner so that you can get the South Asian taste of fried rice at home.
Ingredients: Nasi Goreng Fried Rice | Indonesian Fried Rice
- Canola oil 2 tsp
- Minced Serrano Chile 1-2tbsp
- Fish Sauce 2 tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Diced and cooked chicken breast 2 cups
- Cooked Rice 3 cups
- Diced tomatoes ½ cup
- Minced Shallots 1/3 cup
- Sambal oelek 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce 2 tsp
- Low-sodium soy sauce 2 tsp
- Minced garlic cloves 4
- Diced and cooked shrimp 2 cups
- Diced cucumber ½ cup
Preparation Method: Nasi Goreng Fried Rice | Indonesian Fried Rice
- In a large nonstick frying pan heat canola oil for a period of one minute over medium flame
- To the pan add shallots and chili and cook for two minutes till shallots get a light brown color
- To the mixture add fish sauce, garlic, chili paste and soy sauce allow it to get cooked for 60 seconds
- To this pan add chicken, rice, and shrimp and keep on stirring.
- Allow it to cook for two minutes with continuous stirring
- On every plate place 1 ½ cups of rice and sprinkle every serving with cucumber 2 tbsp. and tomato 2 tbsp.
- Nasi Goreng Fried Rice or Indonesian Fried Rice is ready. Enjoy!