Rasmalai is a popular dessert in South Asia and it is considered as a favorite for family gatherings. Normally fresh cheese is used in its making and it is given the shape of flattened balls and after this it’s cooked in thick milk. In case you want to enjoy this wonderful dessert, then below we will discuss and easy to make recipe for you. The rasmalai recipe contains milk in powdered form. The flavor will be enhanced with the addition of pistachios and cardamom.
Ingredients: Rasmalai Recipe
- For the milk you will need the following
- 4 cups of milk
- Kewra water ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar ½ cup
- Finely sliced pistachios 2 tablespoons
Ingredients needed for Rasmalai balls
You will require the following
- Powdered milk one cup
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Plain flour 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder 1 pinch
- One egg beaten
Preparation Method: Rasmalai
- Milk should be boiled with cardamom powder and sugar in a pan over medium level heat.
- In the meantime powdered milk should be mixed with plain flour, cardamom powder, baking powder as well as oil inside a bowl. It should be mixed with hand in a gentle fashion.
- In a gradual manner make the addition of beaten egg and mix till a ball shape is formed.
- Knead this in a lighter fashion for making smoother dough. There is no requirement of doing excessive kneading.
- In the next step you will have to make small round shaped balls with lighter hands and these should be flatten in a slight manner.
- These balls should be placed one by one into milk.
- The pan should be covered and cooked upon medium level heat till milk gets a boil and size of ball starts to increase.
- The heat should be reduced to low and again cook for few minutes till balls get lighter and softer.
- Now turn off the flame and make the addition of kewra water.
- This should be transferred to serving dish and pistachios should be sprinkled upon it.
- Allow the rasmalai to get cooled at room temperature and after this store it in the refrigerator till serving.