Rasmalai is a popular dessert in South Asia and it is considered as a favorite for family gatherings. Normally fresh cheese is used in its making and it is given the shape of flattened balls and after this, it’s cooked in thick milk. In case you want to enjoy this wonderful dessert, then below we will discuss and easy to make the recipe for you. The Rasmalai Recipe contains milk in powdered form. The flavor will be enhanced with the addition of pistachios and cardamom.
For the milk, you will need the following
- 4 cups of milk
- Kewra water ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar ½ cup
- Finely sliced pistachios 2 tablespoons
You will require the following
- Powdered milk one cup
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Plain flour 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder 1 pinch
- One egg beaten
- Boil the milk with cardamom powder and sugar in a pan over medium level heat.
- In the meantime, mix the powder milk with plain flour, cardamom powder, baking powder as well as oil inside a bowl. Mix it by hand with a hand in a gentle fashion.
- In a gradual manner make the addition of beaten egg and mix and make a ball form.
- Knead this in a lighter fashion for making a smoother dough. There is no requirement of doing excessive kneading.
- In the next step, make small round shaped balls with lighter hands and flatten it in a slight manner.
- Place these balls one by one into milk.
- Cover the pan and cook on medium level heat till milk gets a boil and size of the ball starts to increase.
- The heat should be reduced to low and again cook for few minutes till balls get lighter and softer.
- Now turn off the flame and make the addition of kewra water.
- Transfer to the serving dish and sprinkle pistachios on it.
- Allow time to cool down the rasmalai at room temperature and after this store it in the refrigerator till serving.