A special flavoured Irani style biryani is an absolutely delicious dish that the fish is cooked in yoghurt mixed spices and layered with cooked rice and fried onion. It is decorated with raisins and cashews nuts. The aroma of the rose water make this biryani recipe Amazing.
Ingredients: Scheherazade Fish Biryani Recipe
For The Marinade
- 1 teaspoon of powdered turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of powdered garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour already dissolved in water
- 2 eggs
For Biryani: Scheherazade Fish Biryani Recipe
- 100 grams of ghee
- 40 grams of whole garam masala, loaf of bread, coriander, clove, funnel, black cardamom, caraway, cinnamon, mace, cumin, dry red chilli
- 200 grams of onion
- 2 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon of garlic paste
- 50 grams of tomato
- 3 tablespoon of coriander
- ½ cup of yogurt
- 1 kilogram of basmati rice
- 40 grams of grouper fish fillet
- 1 liter of oil
- 2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 diced green capsicum
- 50 grams of green peas
- 50 grams of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of saffron
- 2 tablespoon of kewra water
- ½ cup of rose water
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 tablespoon of powdered red chilli.
Method of Preparation: Scheherazade Fish Biryani Recipe
In fish cubes, add pepper, salt, cornflour, turmeric, garam masala, egg and allow it to marinate for a short time.
Melt ghee in a pot. Add garam masala, garlic paste and ginger paste.
Add chopped tomato, yogurt, and coriander when the mixture start spitting added water as needed.
Add rice on second pan and boil it.
Cover with tight lid when the rice is about to done and allow it for 20 minutes.
Fry marinated fish with deep oil and place it by the side.
Heat oil in another fry pan and put the cumin seeds, put in onions, dices capsicum and sauté with high heat.
Put in gravy with tomato puree, garlic paste, ginger as well as onions. Continue to cook until the oil separates.
Put in fried fish and fold it into gravy in the end.
Uncover the rice and put in rose water/ kewra for aroma.
Put one layer of rice and masala in a serving dish.
Garnish it with well fried onions.
Layer with fish and rice
Top with fried onion, raisins and cashews.