Scotch Eggs are packed with protein and it is easy to make in each home kitchen. They are actually hard boiled egg that are covered in meat minced and coated with bread crumbs. These scotch eggs are deep fried or baked. Homemade scotch eggs are full of nutrients; it can be great start of a day and good for children.
Make tasty, crispy scotch eggs for school going children, lunchtime, with evening tea or a picnic party snack. Scotch eggs are generally used as an appetizer.
Ingredients: Scotch Eggs Recipe
- 7 eggs
- 100 gram Bread crumbs
- 100 grams gram flour
- 500 grams oil
- 800 grams sausage
- 1/2 tsp
- 200 ML water
- Salt as per requirement
Preparation Method: Scotch Eggs
- Take a pan and add water.
- Heat the pan and add eggs
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes
- Take the eggs out and cool the eggs.
- Peel off the shell and wait for the eggs to cool down.
- Heat another pan and add oil.
- Take the sausage and mince with the help of mixer.
- Add salt and oil to the mince.
- Add egg and pepper and paprika.
- Add oil, coriander, and ginger and garlic paste to the mince.
- One beaten egg for coating
- Use both the hands to mix the mince properly.
- Take a chunk and pat out the hand evenly.
- Dip the boiled egg into the meshed egg.
- Coat the egg with the floor.
- Place the boiled egg in the palm and gently coat the mince over the egg.
- The egg should be encased in the mince.
- The mince should again be dipped into the beaten egg.
- Remove any extra mince from the egg if any.
- Use bread crumbs to coat the mince and the egg.
- Heat the oil and gently place the egg into the fryer.
- Repeat the same procedure for all the eggs.
- Deep fry the eggs for about 10 minutes.
- The eggs should have light brown color.
- Remove the eggs from the fryer.
- The scotch eggs are ready to be served.