A Tagine or Tajine is an Arabian dish and North African dish that is named after the clay pot in which food is cooked.
The Seafood Tagine is a delicious and famous dish in the Mediterranean countries. This dish is full of spices and tastes. It contains healthy nutrients beneficial to maintain health and fitness.
Ingredients: Seafood Tagine
In order to prepare the Seafood Tagine at home, you will need following ingredients.
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoon.
- Chopped onion 1 piece.
- Red pepper.
- Garlic cloves (chopped).
- Harissa 2 tablespoons.
- Chopped and canned tomato 400 grams.
- Chickpea 400 grams.
- Frozen seafood selection 350 grams.
- Couscous 300 grams.
- Toasted almonds 25 grams.
- Lemon juice ½ cups for preparation and same for serving.
Preparation Method: Seafood Tagine
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan.
- Cook the red pepper and onions for 5 minutes.
- Add harissa, garlic cloves and chopped tomatoes.
- After 10 minutes add frozen food selection.
- Now add couscous in a large bowl and add boiling water. This will make tagine.
- Mix the seafood and tagine with coriander, lemon juice and it is ready to serve.
- Present delicious Seafood Tagine with extra lemon juice and coriander.
Nutritional value of Seafood Tagine is given here.
- Fats 11 grams.
- Saturates 1 gram.
- Carbohydrates 72 grams.
- Sugars 11 grams.
- Fiber 10 grams.
- Protein 32 grams.
- Salt 1.7 grams.
- Freshwater fish meat (minced) can also be used if seafood is not available.
- Always prepare the tagine with special care and use ingredients properly.