Sheer khurma or sheer-qorma or sheer khorma is vermicelli pudding prepared on the Eid festival by Muslims in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, and parts of the Central Asia.
Sheer Qorma recipe is a dish which is always present at your dining table on Eid for this reason it always brings fun and joy. This form of pudding has its origins present in the fabulous Mughal Era and it is considered as one of the royal dishes of subcontinent. You can always recreate this simple and wonderful festival recipe at home for spending quality time with friend and family on weekends.
Ingredients: Sheer khurma I sheer-qorma I sheer khorma
- Vermicelli 50 grams
- Milk 750 ml
- Chironji 2 tbsp it should be peeled and blanched
- Raisins 2 tbsp
- Ghee 75 grams
- Condensed Milk 200 gram
- Cashew nuts 10 and these should be peeled and blanched
- Simple Cashew nuts 10 in number
- Almonds 10 in number
- Dates 5 in number and these should be seedless
Preparation Method: Sheer khurma I sheer-qorma I sheer khorma
- Heat 3/4th portion of ghee and fry vermicelli in it till they get brown in color after straining keep vermicelli at a side.
- Heat condensed milk and milk in a separate pan and keep on stirring till it gets a boil. Insert vermicelli and cook till vermicelli gets into proper shape. After adding dates allow the mixture to get cooled for some minutes.
- Nuts should be chopped and fried in ghee. Make the addition of raisins and decorate the dish.
- Sheer khurma or sheer-qorma or sheer khorma is ready. Enjoy!