The additional flavor of almonds included in the Shrimp and Broccoli Fried Rice along with toasted almonds is simply brilliant. This fried rice recipe is quick and easy to make and the best part is that it contains a very high nutritive value as well. One tip is to use cooked and cooled rice for making sure that after stir frying the grains should stay separate. Learn the easy fried rice recipe and make it in your own kitchen.
Ingredients: Shrimp and Broccoli Fried Rice
- Water 1 ¾ cup
- Broccoli florets 4
- Roasted peanut oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves 3 (minced)
- Less in sodium chicken broth ½ cup
- Cornstarch 1 tsp
- Chopped green onions ¼ cup
- Instant white rice 1 ½ cups
- Chopped large bell pepper 1
- Grated and peeled fresh ginger 1 tsp
- Peeled and de-veined large shrimp 1 ¼ pound
- Sodium Soy sauce 3 tbsp
- Sliced almonds, toasted ¼ cup
Preparation Method: Shrimp and Broccoli Fried Rice
- In a medium size saucepan insert water 1 ½ cups and bring it to the boil. Make the addition of rice in pan cover it and decrease heat allow cooking for 5 minutes. Take away pan from heat and allow it to stand for 5 minutes. Put the rice into a baking dish and place it inside the freezer.
- Mix broccoli, ¼ cup water, and bell pepper inside a dish that is microwave safe. Microwave it on HIGH for five minutes till it gets tender and keep at a side.
- Heat 1 ½ tsp of oil inside a large nonstick frying pan over medium level heat and Insert garlic and ginger inside the pan. Cook for one minute and keep on stirring in a frequent manner.
- Increase heat to the medium high. Insert Shrimp in the pan and allow it to cook for 4 minutes till shrimp are done. Remove this mixture from the pan and take out rice from the freezer.
- The remaining 1 ½ tbsp. oil should be heated inside the pan over medium level heat and insert rice in the pan. Allow it to get cooked for 3 minutes and keep on stirring. Mix soy sauce, broth along with cornstarch in a smaller bowl and stir with the whisk. Combine the mixture of broth in rice and insert shrimp and mixture of broccoli in the pan. Cook it for 1 ½ minutes till sauce gets thicker. Sprinkle almonds and onions over it.
- Shrimp and Broccoli Fried Rice is ready. Enjoy with your friend and family.