As a young boy, I have memories of non-veg food at home being only mutton. Most old Sindhis still prefer mutton to chicken or other meat. Try Sindhi Elaichi Gosht Recipe.
Ingredients: Sindhi Elaichi Gosht Recipe
• Lamb fillets (cut into large chunks) – 1 kg
• Small onion (finely chopped) – 1
• Tomatoes (finely chopped ) – 2
• Tomato puree – 1 tablespoon
• Full fat yogurt – ½ cup
• Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
• Chili powder – ½ teaspoon
• Black pepper – ½ teaspoon
• Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Green cardamoms (blended in the form of a paste with some water) – 24
• Salt to taste
• Few chopped coriander leaves
How to cook Sindhi Elaichi Gosht Recipe
• Place pan on heat and heat oil. Add the onions and fry for 3 minutes.
• Add black pepper and the cardamom paste and fry again for 2-3 minutes.
• Add lamb meat, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder and tomato puree and fry again for 8 minutes stirring constantly. Reduce the heat if necessary.
• Add yogurt, tomatoes and salt and fry for another 3 minutes. Add some water if required.
• Cover the pan and simmer at low heat for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
• Pour in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.