South Asian dishes are popular and you will never fail in finding their admirers living in different parts of the world. The touch of spices to add strong flavor is the main factor, which makes these dishes unique as well as attractive. The South Asian Fried Rice is also another popular dish which enjoys a strong fan following. It is easy rice recipe to make, but at the same time provides great taste and added nutrition. In this section, we will focus upon mentioning a simpler and quick Southeast Asian Rice recipe that will allow you to enjoy the South Asian Fried Rice at home.
Ingredients: South Asian Fried Rice Recipe
- Brown Sugar 1 tbsp
- Low sodium Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Fresh lime juice 1 tbsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Green onions 1 bunch
- Cooked brown rice 2 ½ cup chilled
- Chicken breast cut in 1/2 “ pieces 2 6 ounce
- Broccoli florets 2 cups
- Minced Garlic 1 ½ tsp
- Fish sauce 1 tsp
- Hot chili sauce to taste
- Fresh lime juice 1 tbsp
- Eggs beaten 2
- Peanut oil 2 tbsp
- Sliced shallots ¼ cup
- Julienne red pepper bell 1 cup
- Cooking spray
- Lime wedges 4
Preparation Method: South Asian Fried Rice Recipe
- Combine brown sugar, sodium soy sauce, lime juice and fish sauce along with ½ tsp Hot chili sauce as well as 1 1/8 tsp of salt in a smaller bowl and stir with the help of a whisk, mix eggs inside a mixing bowl. Chop onions in a diagonal fashion after separating their green tops. Cut the bottoms of green onions into pieces of 1 inch and keep these at a side.
- Over medium heat place a large nonstick frying pan and insert oil 2 tsp in it whirl to coat. Insert rice and stir fry the mixture for 1 ½ minutes and keep on starring in a continuous manner. Shift the mixture of rice into a larger bowl.
- Inside a pan heat oil almost 2 tsp and insert shallots in the pan. For 30 seconds stir fry till the ingredients take a tender form.
- Insert chicken and stir fry for 1 ½ minutes till they get a light brown color. To this make the addition of brown sugar and bring it to boil. Decrease heat and cook for one minute till liquid gets a thicker consistency and stir from time to time. Now insert chicken to this mixture.
- With the help of paper towel clean the pan and place it on medium to high level heat. Pour in oil 2 tsp and whirl to coat. Insert bell pepper and broccoli and stir fry for a period of 3 minutes till the vegetables get a tender form. Insert salt 1 1/8 tsp, garlic and bottoms of green onions stir fry the mixture for 60 seconds. To the pan add mixture of chicken and allow it to get cooked for 2 minutes. Shift chicken to a larger bowl.
- Place the pan to medium to high heat and this time coat it with cooking spray. Add the mixture of eggs and whirl to coat and cook for 30 seconds. Shift eggs to a cutting board and chop, mix the bacon and egg into rice.
- South Asian Fried Rice Recipe is completed. You can top with lime wedges and green onions. Enjoy!