Instead of just eating strawberry, you can use it to produce healthy and delicious dessert for your family consumption. You are going to learn how to prepare this wonderful, healthy and delicious Strawberry Tart right in your kitchen without passing through stress or wasting your precious time through the content of this article. Here is the complete Strawberry Tart Recipe you need to know.
Ingredients: Strawberry Tart Recipe
• 1/3 cup of sugar
• 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
• 3 teaspoons of cold water
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• 1/3 cup of cold butter or cut up margarine
• 2 tablespoons of shortening cold
• ½ cup of sugar
• 3 tablespoons of cold water
• 2 cups of half-and-half
• ¼ cup of cornstarch
• 5 egg yolks
• 3 tablespoon of vanilla
• 1 teaspoon of rose water or orange-flower water (if you want)
• 3 tablespoons of margarine or butter
• 1 quart of fresh sliced strawberries
• Garnish with fresh mint sprig
Preparation Method: Strawberry Tart
1. Pour mixture of 1 ½ cups of all-purpose, ½ teaspoon of salt, and 1/3 cup of sugar into a blender and beat for 3 or 4 times until effectively blend.
2. Add 1/3 cup of butter and shortening; beat five or six times or until the mixture turn crumble. Add 3 tablespoon of water with the help of blender or processor moving slowly and ensure you process until your dough forms leaves and a ball on the sides of bowl. Ensure you add more water if required. Ensure you wrap your dough in a plastic wrap and cool for one hour.
3. Roll your dough to about 1/8” thickness inside a surface that is lightly floured. Press your dough into bottom and up sides of a 9” tart pan. Line the dough with parchment paper; fill with your pie weight or possibly dried beans.
4. Bake your dough at 425 degree for about 15 minutes. Bring the weight and parchment paper and bake for three more minutes. Combine with ½ cup of sugar and cornstarch in a medium of saucepan.
5. Beat together half-and-half and egg yolks as well as rose water if you want. Beat gently half-and-half and sugar into saucepan over average heat. Bring the mixture to boil and cook, beating constantly for just one minute. Remove the mixture from heat.
6. Stir in the 3 tablespoon of vanilla and butter. Cover the mixture and allow chilling for not less than 4 hours. Then, spoon the mixture into already prepared pastry shell and top with strawberry slice and serve your strawberry tart immediately or you can first of all garnish before serving if you want.