This traditional Tasty Filling Samosa really includes the leftover roast meat, chicken, mutton plus other delicious apples, raisins, dried fruit, spices, brown sugar. These items become a quick make-ahead filling for Tasty samosa. It is economical and will quickly become a family favourite. Simmer these items and use it with your favorite crust.
Ingredients: Tasty Filling Samosa Recipe
• 2 large peeled, cored and chopped granny smith apples
• 1 cup of apple cider
• 1 cup of candied red cherries
• 2/3 cup of sugar dark brown
• ½ cup of apricots, dried and chopped
• ½ cup of dried currant
• ½ cup of figs, dried and chopped
• 1 tabs of orange zest, finely grated
• ½ cup of fresh orange juice
• ½ cup of golden raisins
• ½ cup of raisins
• ¼ cup of schmaltz or even unsalted butter
• ½ tsp of ground allspice
• ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp of ground ginger
• ¼ tsp of nutmeg, freshly ground
• ¼ tsp of ground cloves
• ¼ tsp of kosher salt
• 1 cup of divided dark rum.
Method of Preparation: Tasty Filling Samosa Recipe
1. Cook the apple cider, apple, brown sugar, candied, apricots, cranberries, currants, orange zest, figs, dried cherries, orange juice, golden raisins, schmaltz, allspice, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt and ¾ cup of rum inside a medium pot on a medium heat and simmer, make sure you continuously stir the mixture for about 25-30 minutes or until all the water evaporate completely. Bring it out of heat and put in the remaining ¼ cup of rum and stir. Move to a medium bowl and cover the lid, allow to cool for about 24-48 hours so as to allow the flavor come out well.