Quiche is a savory, pastry type crust that is filled of aromatic custard with meat or seafood or vegetables and cheese. It is originated from France. You can serve hot or cold.
Wild Rice Quiche Recipe is an excellent recipe of quiche. It is superb addition to creamy and smooth cheesy quiche. Other types of basmati rice and vegetables can also be used in this quiche. This quiche recipe is best for dinner or brunch. Serve it with roasted asparagus and crisp green salad.
Ingredients: Wild Rice Quiche Recipe
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cups shredded havarti or Swiss cheese
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp mustard paste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4-5 eggs
- 1 cup drained cooked wild rice
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
Preparation Method: Wild Rice Quiche Recipe
- In order to prebake the pie shell, preheat the oven to 400°F. Keep the pie shells in oven for 4-8 minutes. When the color of crust start to become brown then remove the pie crust from oven.
- While prepare the filing, set the crust aside on a wire rack.
- Take a medium size skillet and add olive oil, onion and red bell pepper. Suit them over medium heat until tender; it may take 4 to 8 minutes. Insert the drained and cooked wild rice to the skillet.
- Use a medium bowl and add pepper, mustard, sour cream and eggs. Beat these ingredients well with a wire whisk. Continue blending until smooth and well blended.
- Over the pie crust, sprinkle half of the havarti cheese. Now stretch the mixture of wild rice over the cheese. Pour the blended mixture of eggs over the cheese and use the havarti cheese to sprinkle over this mixture. Use the remaining parmesan cheese to sprinkle over the final product.
- Put the quiche in the oven for baking. Baking period should be around 30-40 minutes or until filling is puffed. Before cutting into wedges, let the quiche stand for few minutes on a wire rack.
- Wild Rice Quiche is ready, serve it with crisp green salad