The combination of potatoes and meat in Subcontinent is known as Aaloo Ghost and it is something, which is counted in royal dishes recipe and is a must have in lavish dinners. It is simple to make and the best part is that nutritive value associated with it is very high as well. Below we will discuss an easy method for cooking Aaloo Ghost and recommend that you should give it a try because this is a very tasty lunch and dinner dish.
Ingredients: Aaloo Ghost Recipe
- Mutton 1 kg
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander seeds powder 3 tablespoons
- Ginger paste one tablespoon
- Garam Masala powder1 teaspoon
- Black pepper
- Salt 1 ½ teaspoon
- Chopped green chilies 2 to 3 in number
- ½ kg of potato cut and peeled
- Chili powder one teaspoon
- Medium sized onions sliced and chopped 2 to 3 in number
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Cloves 6 to 8
- Black Cardamom 2 in number
- Salt according to taste
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- Lemons 1 to 2
- Half cup of oil
Preparation Method: Aaloo Ghost
- Onions should be fried till they get into brown color and after this remove onions from flame and grind them.
- To this, make the addition of Turmeric, Coriander, chili, ginger, garlic and salt. This should be fried with little amount of water and must be fried till water gets dried.
- To this make the addition of mutton and onions and this should be cooked till water is dried.
- To this make the addition of another 3-4 glasses of water and allow it to get cooked under cover till meat gets tenderized.
- When meat is near completion make the addition of potatoes and this should be cooked till potatoes have been cooked and needed gravy is left.
- This should be cooked upon low flame.
- Use coriander leaves for garnishing along with lemon and green chilies.