The Bourbon-Sea Salt Caramels recipe is condensed milk formulated for an added-delicious confection.
Bourbon-Sea Salt Caramels Recipe
• Nonstick spray with vegetable oil
• 2 cups of sugar
• ½ cup of corn syrup (light)
• 1 14-oz of unsweetened condensed milk
• ½ cup of 1 stick of unsalted butter, sliced into small pieces
• 2 tabs of bourbon
• ½ tsp of kosher salt
• Maldon and other kinds of flaky sea salt.
Method of Preparation:
Bourbon-Sea Salt CaramelsRecipe
1. Coat an 8×8-inch of the baking pan lightly with nonstick spray and also line using parchment paper, leave only 2-inch to overhang on the two sides; spray your parchment.
2. Bring out your sugar, ¼ cup of water and corn syrup and boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Continue to stir to perfectly dissolve sugar. Cook and continuously swirl pan till the mix turns into deep amber color or continue to cook till 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Bring the pan from heat and beat in sweetened condensed milk together with butter, the mixture will definitely bubble vigorously till it turns smooth. Fit the pan with a thermometer and bring it back to medium-low heat. Boil and beat constantly till the thermometer read 240 degrees. Bring it out from heat and beat in the mixture of bourbon and kosher salt.
4. Transfer into pan already prepared and allow it to cool. With your sea salt spray your caramel and divide into ¾ pieces, fold one by one in the parchment paper.
You can also prepare your caramels ahead even for about two weeks. Wrap firmly using an airtight plastic container at room temperature.