If you want easy, tasty, delicious and impressive meal prepared with fresh basil and served with delicious tomato sauce, the best choice you need is Baked cheese Chicken Rolls Recipe. It is a meal that will make you and your family happy whenever the aroma emanates from the kitchen and move round the home. This healthier chicken recipe will intimate you on the ingredients as well as the method of preparation for beautiful and delicious meal.
The Ingredients: Baked cheese Chicken Rolls Recipe
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts ( 8 4 oz)
- 1 cup of whole wheat bread made with Italian style
- 6 tbsp of Parmesan cheese, grated and divide
- 5 oz. baby spinach. Fresh
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Olive oil needed for sautéing
- ½ cup of part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup of whisked white egg
- 3 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- Some fresh basil needed for toping.
Method of Preparation: Baked cheese Chicken Rolls Recipe
- Cut chicken to 8 pieces then pound till thin and surface area expanded (to make cooking faster). Put breadcrumbs to shallow bowl and add 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese and put aside.
- Cut spinach and sauté with garlic and sprinkle olive oil for about 2 to 3 minutes or continue till wilted barely. Mix ricotta and sautéed spinach, 2 to 3 tbsp of egg white and Parmesan cheese. Put egg white that remains in separate shallow bowl and keep one side.
- To prepare the chicken: Grease bottom of big baking dish and set the oven to 4500. Put a piece of chicken on flat surface and add 1 spoonful of ricotta-spinach filing at the center. Roll the chicken up and make sure edges meet so as to form a “seam”. Put all the chicken rolls into egg whites and roll it inside breadcrumbs. Put inside baking dish and seam from side down. Do again for the 7 pieces of chicken that remain and bake for 25 minutes.
- After baking for 25 minutes, the chicken will turn brown on top and white on the side which will be an indication that it is done. With sauce cover the entire chicken together with fresh Mozzarella slices. Now bake for additional 3 to 5 minutes or continue to bake till cheese start to melt. Drizzle with fresh basil on top.
- Baked cheese Chicken Rolls Recipe is ready. Enjoy!