Strawberry season is here and combining the fruit with lemon zest and white chocolate gives it a taste that is very refreshing in summertime. These light and refreshing strawberry lemonade truffles have an addition of citrus acid which is twist in the flavor and a healthy Candy recipe also.
Ingredients: Strawberry Lemonade Truffles
- Strawberry puree – 1/3 cup
- Light corn syrup – 1 teaspoon
- Heavy cream – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon zest – 1 lemon
- White chocolate – 400 grams (chopped)
- Citric acid or lemonade tang – ½ teaspoon
- White chocolate candy coating – 12 ounces (for dipping)
- Strawberries (freeze and dried) m- ½ cup (optional)
- Candied lemon zest – for decoration (optional)
Preparation Method: Strawberry Lemonade Truffles
- Put white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until melted stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
- Place 7-8 strawberries and heat them till their juice is released and they form a chunky strawberry sauce. Cool the sauce and blend to form a puree. Strain the puree with a strainer to remove any seeds. For this recipe, you will need about 1/3 cup of strawberry puree.
- In another saucepan, combine strawberry puree, heavy cream and corn syrup and cook over medium-high heat stirring continuously until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour this puree over the melted chocolate and mix until combined well. Add in the citric acid or lemonade tang and lemon zest and mix well. You can also add red food coloring at this stage it you like.
- This will take a form of ganache. Cover it with a cling wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until the mixture is firm enough so that you can scoop and roll it.
- If you are using freeze dried strawberries and candied lemon zest for decoration, you can prepare it in the meantime. Place the freeze dried strawberries in a food processor and make a fine powder of them. Chop the candied lemon zest in small strips.
- Melt the white chocolate candy coating in a microwave oven stirring constantly to avoid overheating.
- Dust your hands with powdered sugar. Make small balls of the ganache with the help of your palms. You can dust with additional sugar if it goes sticky.
- Use a fork or dipping tools to dip the truffle in white chocolate coating and roll it on the sides of the bowl to remove excess coating. Place these truffles over a foil-lined baking sheet and sprinkle optional decorations over wet chocolate.
- Refrigerate to set the Strawberry Lemonade truffles and serve at room temperature.