Strawberry stuffed lime cupcakes are fun, striking and colorful too. They really are not really difficult to make, so you should try them at home and have fun your young kids. You can make these lime cupcakes with strawberry stuffed or you can use your favorite fruit. Your guests will be surprised for having lime cupcakes with strawberry!
Lime cupcakes are topped with luscious strawberry lime
Cook time: 30 min
Prep time: 25 min
Inactive: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 55 min
Ingredients required: Strawberry stuffed lime cupcakes Recipe
- Fresh candied or mint leaves
- Green sanding sugar
- 6 ripe strawberries of large size
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 ½ tbsp lime zest finely grated
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
Baking method: Strawberry stuffed lime cupcakes Recipe
- Take the muffin tin and line it with cupcake liners. Adjust the temperature to 350 degrees F to preheat the oven.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the salt, baking powder and flour together.
- With an electric mixer beat the sugar and eggs in medium size bowl. Continue this process for 2 minutes until light and foamy. Add the vanilla and butter in bowl gradually while beating.
- Put in dry ingredients in the bowl while mixing slowly then pour rest of milk in this mixture. After some time add the remaining dry ingredients. In the prepared tin, divide the batter evenly.
- Put the mixture in an oven for 30 minutes for baking. Continue this process until tester comes out clean in the center of the cake. Put the cupcakes for 10 minutes on a rack in the tin.
To assemble: Strawberry stuffed lime cupcakes Recipe
- Remove the cupcake from its liner. Make the parts of cupcake similar to cone shaped. Cut only the top portion of cake and leave the bottom of cake about ½ inch.
- Cover and stuff these cones shaped parts of cake with a strawberry. Over the top of cupcakes spread the icing and spoon it. Top the cupcakes with candied leaves or small mint leaves. You can also use green sanding sugar to sprinkle on cupcake.
For icing: Strawberry stuffed lime cupcakes Recipe
- In a medium size bowl mix the lime zest, sugar and confectioners. In order to create a pour-able and firm icing, add the lime juice in the bowl and use the electric mixer to make a uniform mixture.
- Lime cupcakes are topped with luscious strawberry lime
- If you want to make the icing as a pale pastel green, add food color.
- Strawberry stuffed lime cupcakes are ready. Have Fun!