Sticky Taiwanese Rice Recipe is similar to Youfan and Zhong-zi which are served when there is a celebration or family gathering. I ate yummy rice recipe during my visit to Taiwan on the eve of Christmas. Here, I have made some changes in the recipe and I have used Sausage, instead of chicken. It is preferable to serve the dish with the sweet and spicy sauce.
Serves 7 to 8 people
Ingredients: Taiwanese Sticky Rice Recipe
- Sesame Oil – 1tablespoon
- Soy sauce – 1/3cup
- Sugar – 1tablespoon
- Rice Wine – 2tablespoon
- Fried Shallots – 2tablespoons
- Chopped Links of Chinese Sausages – 3
- Oil – 1tablespoon
- Shiitake Dried Mushrooms – 7
- Glutinous Sweet Rice – 3 ½ cup
Cooking Method: Taiwanese Sticky Rice
- Dip the mushrooms and sweet rice in water for an hour at room temperature. Mushrooms float over the water, so put a dish to keep them soaked in the water.
- Pour water (4 cups) in a pan to boil. Preheat the microwave at 350F.
- Now press the mushrooms to take out the water. Replace the stem and slice the caps softly.
- Before adding rice into the boil water, drain them completely. Make sure there is enough water in the pan that can cover the rice. If there is less than required water, add more water in the pan.
- Let the rice cook in the pan for five minutes. Keep on stirring till the water is soaked up. At this stage, rice gets flabby shape but need time to become soft.
- Use oil to heat up in traditional oven over average heat. Add the sausage in the oil. After cooking for a few minutes, make an addition of fried shallots and mushrooms. Stir fry the ingredients for just one or two minutes. At the end, include sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice wine and mix up for half a minutes.
- To give color to rice, put in the oven and bake the covered rice for 20 minutes.
- Use sweet chili paste and coriander for dish presentation.